CJMP PHONE HYBRID INSTRUCTIONS
Incoming calls can be accepted by picking up the hand set of the land line phone. If you want the call on air, press the CALL button on the hybrid. This put the call through the hybrid and disconnects the land line phone. You can now hang up the land line phone. The hybrid will show a green LED under OH.
To talk to the caller off air via the microphone (MIC).
1. On the board put the PHONE channel on Audition (AUD), and turn channel on (red button). Raise volume on channel so you can hear the caller.
2. On the board put whatever MIC you are using to AUD and turn channel on (red button). Raise volume.
3. Put MONITOR AND HEADPHONE INPUT SELECT to AUD.
4. You can now talk to the caller off air.
5. To go LIVE, change MIC and PHONE channel to Program (PGM). The caller will also be able to hear any other channels that on PGM.
6. To hang up press the DROP button on the hybrid. NOTE – You will want the PHONE channel off so as to not broadcast noises associated with the hang up.
NOTE: You can answer the phone off air using the the board and hybrid only. With MIC and PHONE on AUD and both channels turned on, answer the call by pressing the CALL button on the hybrid when the phone is ringing. No need to pick up the land line hand set. Then follow instructions 3 to 6.
1. Pick up the hand set of the land line.
2. Place call.
3. Once connected and you are ready to talk to the caller via the board, press CALL button on hybrid to switch call to hybrid. You can now hang up the hand set.
4. Refer to INCOMING CALL instructions 1 to 6. NOTE: After out going number is dialled, you can press the CALL button on the hybrid and continue with the call off air using INCOMING CALL instructions 1 to 6.
VOLUME CONTROLS ON HYBRID
Generally these should not need adjustment. The unit has not been calibrated so tweaks may be necessary at times.
SENDER 1 – Controls the volume of what the caller hears. You should be able to control this via the board. You can tweak it on the hybrid if the board is not obtaining desired levels.
SENDER 2 – Not in use.
CALLER – Controls the volume of the incoming audio from the caller. This should be adjusted on the board, but this dial can be used to tweak levels if the board is not obtaining desired levels.
HEADPHONE – Not in use.
SIGNAL LEVEL LEDS
There is a VU indicator on the hybrid. It is the three LEDs marked 20 9 3. The top row is the sender, the bottom row is the caller. The red led should not be solid, it should flicker with the peaks, just as you would not want the VU gauge pegged in the red on the board. NOTE – It will appear solid RED when it hears a dial tone.