Board Meeting - 2015-03-09

From CJMP Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Powell River Community Radio Society Board of Directors Meeting minutes for March 9th, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Previous: Board Meeting - 2015-02-11 | Next: Board Meeting - 2015-03-30


Location: #202 - 4675 Marine Avenue (PR Regional District Office), Powell River

MINUTES

Jason L’Eane, President, chaired the meeting which commenced at 5:05 pm.

In attendance:

Board members: Jason Leane, Don Mitchinson, Tricia Sharpe, Ari Neimand, Maggie Mondey, Carrie Swiggum, Claudia Medina (arrived at 5:15pm)

Others: Courtney Harrop

Reports Submitted: Courtney Harrop, Don Mitchinson

Agenda amended and Order Of Business

Minutes of Previous Meeting from February 11th, 2015

Motion (Leane/Neimand):

That the minutes be approved.

Approved by All

Correspondence

Bob Coulter (big vocal supporter in past) is signing up via First CU

Memberships: None to approve

Delegations/External Speakers

None

Staff Reports

Membership Coordinator

(N/A)

No report submitted

PREVIOUS ACTION: T-shirt report should be presented by email or at next Board meeting PREVIOUS ACTION (Board): feedback for next meeting from all

Volunteer Coordinator

(Courtney)

Submitted report and reviewed.

On air book club – people need training. Nola owns the show. Courtney will follow-up with book club and Nola to ensure all programmers have the training.

The library wants to sponsor a show in some form by supplying the books for the book club.

Courtney suggested that programmers be allowed a percentage for promoting a show. Ari suggested a predefined Incentive package be offered to promote show along with the sponsor.

First Nations Language Coordinator

(N/A)

Attending conference in Manitoba

Volunteer Position Reports

Tech Director

(Jason)

CD 2 Cable has been soldered.

4G Internet device came with Business Internet

Terry from Telus came in and found a major fault. Should be fixed for Friday

Production Manager

(N/A)

Resignation from Emma received via Jason

Director Reports

Treasurer’s Report

(Maggie)

Cheques for SOCAN and WCB need to be sent out

Employee Remittances and T-4s need to be worked out (talk to Darlene – this week) Converting to Quickbooks Online – ACTION: Get Backup of SAGE Account from Darlene

Grants

(Claudia)

CRFC Youth Grant – for March 31st deadline Tricia and Courtney will work on grant together using Grant-in-Aid at City of Powell River – deadline is March 15th, 2015. Courtney has an idea with Devin.

Policies & Procedures

(Tricia)

Ari – setup a Facebook group for policy committee members

Maggie – put together an index for policy manual using existing policies Hi priority items – sexual harassment policies

Ari/Neil – working on needle usage

Jason – sound system policy details

Tricia: Will setup a meeting with policy committee participants

Communications

(Carrie)

Newsletter in draft mode

Suggestions for how many companies

Comittee Reports

Fundraising

(Courtney/Maggie)

Huge campaign not feasible for this year - suggested that 90.1 hours before Prom to raise $500 Fun-Drive – Murray Dobbin has offered to pay for large advertisements

Raise awareness by getting members to send emails in to PR Living “Love your non-profit”

People’s Prom

(Ari)

April 4th is scheduled for People’s Prom – scheduled at Cranberry Seniors’ Hall Posters don’t have times/locations. Will be updated later

New Business

Community Calendar

(Carrie)

Still doing manually. Courtney will ask programmers and volunteers

Job Descriptions / Organizational Structure

(Tricia) ACTION: Send info on roles / timelines to Tricia

Strategic meeting needed (roles, structure, liability insurance)

Date and Location of next meeting

CJMP –Monday April 13, 2015 5:00pm (Powell River Regional District) Meeting Adjourned at 6:20 pm